FFP3 Face Mask
The FFP3 hygiene face mask is an unvalved, filtering mask which is recommended when protection of the respiratory system is needed.
FFP3 Face Masks meet the guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO). FFP3 Face Masks are also recommended for use by WHO during outbreaks of SARS, Avian Flu and Coronavirus.
Returns or refunds will only be accepted on sealed/unopened products, due to health and safety reasons.
- FFP3 grade
- 99% Bacterial Filtration Efficiency
- Offers more protection than FFP1 and FFP2
- Sourced in England
- Protects the respiratory system
- Latex free
For business/wholesale enquiries of over 5000 masks, please email us at email@example.com
How to use the mask
This product complies with the requirements of EU Regulation (EU)2016/425 for Personal Protective Equipment and meet the requirement of European standard EN 149:2001 +A1:2009 FFP2 NR
Intend use of this PPE
These devices are designed to protect against both solid and liquid aerosols, and be used in industries such as textile, abattoirs, metallurgy, construction, iron and steel industries, hospitals etc. To protect against dusts, mists and fumes containing calcium carbonate, clay, kaolin, cellulose, cotton, flour, ferrous metals, vegetal and mineral oils, metal-working fluids.
This respirator is suitable for use in protection against the non-toxic solid and liquid aerosols.
Do not use out the scope of use defined in the warnings. Failure to properly use this product may result in serious health damage or death.
FFP3 NR: filter efficiency 94%; allocated protective factor (FPA) is 10, examples of applications are sanding of soft wood, composite materials, rust, putty, plaster, plastics/cutting, deburring, grinding, drilling of metal. Check prior to use
The respirator must be selected properly for intended application. An individual risk assessment must be evaluated. Check the respirator that it is undamaged with no visible defects. Checks that the expiry date has not been reached (see the packaging). Check the protection class (FFP2 NR) is appropriate for the product used and its concentration. Do not use the mask if a defect is present or the expiry date has been exceeded.
Easy to use/ donning and fitting
1.Open the package and take out the mask, unfold the mask and affix the foam strip to the inside of the mask.
2.Separate the edges of the mask to fully open it.
3.Attach the ear loops with clasp and tighten to enhance the fit of the mask.
4.Place mask against your face with the bottom under your chin, and the nose bar across the bridge of your nose.
5.Place your fingers from both hands at the top of the nose bar. Use both hands to bend the nose bar to fit snugly against your nose and face. If necessary, adjust the clasp to make sure the fit is tight.
Cover the mask with both hands. Exhale quickly, if you feel gas leaking from the nose bridge, press the nose bridge firmly. If air leaks from the edge of the mask, readjust the wearing position to ensure tightness. The fit is critical to the performance of the product.
Transportation and storage
Transportation vehicle shall be clean and isolated from fire sources. The product should be stored in a dry, ventilated, non-corrosive gas environment with normal temperature, away from fire sources and flammable materials.
1. Failure to follow all instructions and limitations on the use of this product, or failure to achieve proper fit, may result in damage to your health or death.
2. A properly selected respirator is essential to protect your health. Before using this respirator consult a suitably qualified safety professional to determine the suitability of the product for your intended use.
3. This product does not supply oxygen. Use only in well-ventilated areas containing
sufficient oxygen to support life. Do not use this respirator when the oxygen concentration is
less than 19.5%.
4. Do not use when concentrations of contaminants are immediately dangerous to health or life. Do not use this product in an explosive atmosphere.
5. Leave the work area immediately if: a) breathing become difficult or b) dizziness or other distress occurs.
6. Facial hair, beards and certain facial characteristics may reduce the effectiveness of this
7. Never alter or modify this respirator in any way (except as indicated in the instructions).
8. “NR” means this particle filtering half mask shall not be used for more than one shift. No maintenance is necessary.
9. Respirator should be discarded after use or when it becomes damaged or deformed in anyway, no longer forms an effective seal to the face, becomes wet or visibly dirty, breathing becomes difficult.
10. The length of time this respirator can be used depends on contaminants present but should not exceed one shift. The respirator should be replaced sooner if breathing becomes
11. Keep respirators in the display box away from direct sunlight or contaminants until use. Ambient storage conditions as temperature between -20℃ to +55℃, and relative becomes humidity<80%.
12. Unless this is fitted according to the “easy to use” instructions the respirator will not
provide the expected level of protection.
13. This respirator is suitable for use in protection against the non-toxic solid and liquid aerosols.
14. Failure to achieve proper fit may result in serious health damage or death.
15. See information supplied by the manufacturer.
16. The respirators must be stored and transported in their original package and protected
by the storage temperature and humidity as suggested by the manufacturer.
The FFP3 Face Mask respirator meets EU standards EN 149:2001+A1:2009. In addition to this the mask has a bacterial filtration efficiency (BFE) of 99% and Blood Fluid Resistance (BFR) of 120mm Hg.
More information regarding the mask can also be found on the packaging.
What do the FFP3 Masks look like?
The protective face mask is single use and unvalved. It consists of mask body, nose bar and mask belt. The mask body is a multi-layer design including a surface layer and a base layer both made out of spun-bonded non-woven fabric; and middle layers made up of static cotten and polypropylene melt blown non woven fabric. The mask bands are made up of nylon and spandex, the bands are designed to loop round the ears to ensure comfort and a tight fit.
What are FFP3/N99 masks?
FFP3 masks filter 99% of particles from the air, including the small respiratory droplets where Coronavirus can be found. These droplets are released when a person coughs, sneezes or even simply breathes. This mask is well suited to filter contaminated respiration droplets from the air you breathe.
What are the face masks used for?
The Hygiene Face Masks are recommended for use in any situation where protection of the respiratory system is required. The World Health Organisation advises that an EU standard FFP2 or FFP3 should be worn by healthcare workers when performing any aerosol-generating procedures.
How do FFP3 Face Masks work?
The Hygiene Face Masks are FFP3 grade and have a higher level of protection than FFP1 or FFP2. Because FFP3 Face Masks offer a higher amount of protection, they are more expensive than FFP2.
Which mask should I get?
With the many types of masks available, it can be confusing which type you should get. Here at UK Meds we have many types, including FFP3. Is the FFP3 the best mask? It depends on your intended use. The WHO isn’t recommending any particular mask, they would even consider cloth masks acceptable. However, in situations where you need the best filtration, FFP3 is an excellent choice. It is all dependent on your coverage needs. If you are usually at home and only outside for occasional shopping, an FFP1 or FFP2 is perfectly fine. But if you are around the public often, such as a healthcare worker or in retail, an FFP3 would be much more suitable.